- Dazzling Dolphins
- Serving children aged 3 years – 4 years
- Age and developmentally appropriate toys and books and learning materials in this room may include play doh, crayons, chubby pencils and paper, building blocks, picture books with a few words or a sentence on each page, a kitchen play area, flash cards with letters/numbers/colors, stencils, lacing toys, puzzles, etc.
- Each week letters, phonics and numbers are introduced to the children and discussed and worked on throughout the week. Memory games, puzzles and sorting activities take place as well.
- Fine motor skills are becoming more developed at this age and some children may even be able to write some letters and numbers. Teachers work with the children on drawing straight lines, tracing letters and numbers and beginning to form letters and numbers on their own when they are ready. Cutting with child-safe scissors is also something that is developed at this age. Most children should now be drawing stick figures with all body parts.
- Skills that we emphasize at this age include following simple directions to complete a task; sharing with others; self-reliant tasks like opening up their lunch and throwing away their trash, using the bathroom, washing their hands; empathy; sitting still for a bit longer; and self control.